Sisters and Co-Founders, Rosie and Lucy Thomas are on the search for their next ‘visionary legend’ at PROJECT ROCKIT, an organisation that builds youth leadership, citizenship and resilience by tackling the issue of bullying in school communities. As a powerful duo in the youth space, Rosie and Lucy are looking to bolster growth with a new addition to their growing team. Is that you or someone you know? Here’s what this dynamo force are looking for.
PROJECT ROCKIT is a rapidly growing Melbourne-based social enterprise that tackles bullying, cyberbullying, negative social labels and prejudice in schools. To put it simply: We want to build a space where leadership, imagination, creative expression and acceptance are available to all young people, regardless of social labels. We send relatable and engaging young people into schools to deliver creative, interactive and strengths-based workshops around the issues that matter most to young people. Our workshops aren’t scripted entertainment acts and we don’t preach, lecture or judge. Instead we use drama, music, creative writing and discussion to empower young people with real strategies to create change and stand up to bullying in all forms. Workshops vary in length from 60-minutes to full day forums.
Who we’re looking for?
We’re seeking an extroverted, confident and driven person to join our team as our Head of Growth (Sales and Marketing). The key aim of this role is to develop sales and marketing strategies to drive organisational growth while also coordinating school bookings and growing our valued client relationships. Basically, we want PROJECT ROCKIT workshops in every school throughout Australia.
We’re looking for a great communicator who loves talking to people and gets a buzz out of building close and authentic relationships. If you’re passionate about social justice for young people and are highly organised with a demonstrated experience in sales and marketing, we want to hear from YOU.
Essentially, as co-CEOs of PROJECT ROCKIT we’re looking for somebody who shares our vision and wants to build a meaningful career within PROJECT ROCKIT.
What you’ll need
We’re after someone really special with the drive, ambition, desire to make a difference and experience in Sales + Marketing to grow their career with PROJECT ROCKIT and join our leadership team to help us reach as many young people as possible.
How it works
Now that the position is full time and more extensive/inspiring, we’re after a different sort of person to the previous casual role. We’d be super grateful if you’d be comfy forwarding it to any of the right people or anyone who might know the right people. Essentially we’d love to tap this person on the shoulder and will be relying on our support networks to do so.
If that’s you or someone you know and you’d like to find out more about the position, you can head to the full job description and apply or please share with your community and networks.
NB: Lucy and Rosie Thomas will feature in our upcoming book on emerging female entrepreneurs.
Brittany Lee Waller
Lead Writer and Editor Rare Birds
We love this philosophy and absolutely reflects our Rare Birds culture of people and growth. Empowering in a horizontal structure. With a deep values driven, purpose aspiring foundation. Rare Birds is growing up and we are looking for talent beyond our own imaginations.
A great friend and thought leader said to me, whom has lead some of the best business and sports teams on the planet – “Have people in your team that want to be the absolute best in the world at what they do. Even if its picking up garbage or selling your brand to the globe. Keep hiring complimentary team players that are in equal rank and stay absolutely single focused on revenue lines” So – fancy a culture like that? Our next ” best in world” person:
The exciting part:
- Loves the (women’s) entrepreneurial space in Australia and globally
- Writes in a voice/ tone that resonates beautifully with our community, partners, internal and external stakeholders
- Has ability to write across all mediums on and offline
- Has superior book editing/ interviewing skills and can project manage our future publications
- Build and manage an army contributors and writers for Rare Birds to blog, transcribe, write, edit and build out our content base.
- Be skilled in journalism, great research and have immaculate time management and attention to detail
- Has a clear understanding of commercial impact and goals of the business
- Embraces the numbers as well as the words
- Has exemplary communication ability with our community, stakeholders and corporate partners (C suite capability)
- Loves the uncertainty and ambiguity of start-up, change and ability to not just be agile but thrive in it.
- Knows the roles and businesses evolve, just like people and can embrace this
- can plan seasonal and trending content
- oversees the layout, appearance and content of articles;
- generating ideas for with writing staff;
- managing writing staff and freelance/ community writers;
- editing and re-writing articles
- overseeing artwork, design and photography for the features section of the book and website;
- attending and organising photo shoots;
- organising meetings with writers and designers to discuss ideas for artwork, layout;
- negotiating payments with writers;
- understanding and complying with media law and industry ethical guidelines;
- sending out briefs to writers, which can include word count, deadline, and writing style;
- proofreading all pages before going to online/ print or publication;
- raising the profile of the brand;
- networking with others at industry events;
- assisting other staff to meet their deadlines.
Our publications are rolling out each year both on and offline in Australia and our vision is absolutely global. The person who is incredible for this opportunity can lead and has clear commercial thinking and can project plan and execute whilst remaining flexible to simply do what has to be done.
If you are just seeking a job… this is not gonna be your things. We are looking for passion, purpose and a person that absolutely wants to create impact globally.
Step 1 – Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a short form to complete. Don’t forget to tell us why you think Inspiring Rare Birds is going to be your new home. Please title your email LEAD WRITER & EDITOR.
Step 2 – Next step is a pre-conversation survey.
Step 3 – Conversation with Founder Jo Burston and skills test
Step 4 – Meet the team
Step 5 – Offer and start within 2 weeks
Just a note – If you just want a job… we ain’t gonna be great for you.
CEO and Rare Birds Founder